Do you have a social media account for your business? If not, then now is the time to use social media for business!
Have you ever counted how many social media apps you hop on throughout your day? A person spends 2 hours and 25 minutes on average per day on social media. Therefore, social media has become a part of our daily routine. So, why not utilize the opportunity and use social media for business management? But how?
By the end of this post, you will be ready with your strategies to use social media for business, as we will discuss:
- Social Media
- Social Media Marketing
- Versatile Nature of Social Media
Before we begin, let’s check some statistics based on research on social media, which will strengthen our base on the relevance and importance of social media for business!
- More than 3.78 billion people who form half of the world’s population use social media. That’s Huge!
- Only in a single year (2020), 490 million new users created their accounts on different social media platforms.
- 84% of younger adults are active social media users in the US. (The group is the main target for most businesses)
- People do not use social media just for entertainment, but 54% use it to research products.
- Social media has given a new definition to word-of-mouth marketing as over 70% of people with a satisfying experience with a business will recommend the business to their networks. This has further created a huge scope for influencer marketing as nearly half of the social media uses rely on influencers’ recommendations, so make the best of it!
After checking the stats, you must be wondering why so many people on social media platforms are? If so, then social media allow people to interact with each other and share information in real-time.
In addition, social media platforms are continuously improving their interfaces and making them more and more user-friendly. As a result, we have seen the transitions in major social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
In the current times, social media is not limited to personal use, but social media marketing greatly influences people. As a result, brands can generate leads, interact with their targeted audience, and convert them into potential customers.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a part of digital marketing that allows businesses of all sizes to reach a wider audience faster than any other medium.
Users discover, know about, follow, and shop from brands on social media, so social media marketing can create a huge difference in your business with the help of devoted brand advocates, lead generation, and increased sales.
So, if you do not have a business account on multiple social media platforms relevant to your business, then now is the time to mark your print on social media so that you do not miss out on the opportunity to connect to the relevant audience on a personal level.
Your role does not end just after creating your business account, but you have to follow a few more steps to utilize social media as a marketing tool.
Here are certain steps that you need to follow to use social media for business:
- Maintain and optimize your profiles.
- Post pictures, videos, stories related to your business regularly.
- Interact with your audience through live sessions.
- Respond to your audience without a time lag to keep them engaging with your brand.
- Collaborate with influencers and other businesses to attract more audiences.
- Monitor your activity and analyze the responses, and form strategies accordingly.
- Additionally, you can use paid social media advertising to reach a wider audience according to your business.
What Makes Social Media a Versatile Marketing Tool?
Social media is one of the most effective marketing tools because of its versatility.
Here are some of the features of social media which make it a versatile marketing tool:
- Adds a Human Touch to Your Business:
Social media lets you interact with your audience through direct messages, likes, comments, posts, and shares which further helps to build trust and strengthen relationships between business and customers.
- Drive Traffic to Your Website:
Social media platforms are not just customer friendly but business-friendly also. They allow you to add links to your website and blog posts on social media profiles, posts, ads which allows customers to increase the traffic to your website directly.
- Generate Leads and turn them into Potential customers:
Social media provides businesses an opportunity to generate leads and convert them into potential customers. People can directly shop from social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook shops, direct messages, call to action buttons on profiles, and appointment booking facilities.
- Spread Brand Awareness to a Wider Audience:
These platforms allow businesses to use their creativity to attract an audience and spread brand awareness. In addition, they allow customers to share your content on their profiles and group chats or personal messages.
- Build and Strengthen Relationships:
These platforms allow you to communicate directly or indirectly with your followers; you can gather their feedback hold discussions through live sessions, group chats, and conversations with individual followers.
- Impart Knowledge to Your audience:
The best way to influence people is by providing them with relevant knowledge. So, you can use social media to share knowledge related to your niche, which will further help you turn your audience into customers.
- Brand Promotion:
These platforms use Artificial intelligence to show both free and paid promotional content to their users, and your business profile stands an equal chance to be on the feed of your relevant audience; all you need is to optimize your profiles and use free and paid promotions for social media with the help of a social media marketing agencies as they can optimize your accounts and advertise your business on different channels.
- Builds Brand Identity:
These platforms help you convey your message in the way you want and create an impression on your audience, further building your brand identity in the market.
Apart from these basic features, different social media platforms have special business-friendly characteristics that you can further use to influence your audience.
Since now we know about the versatile nature of social media, but we may feel technically challenged to use social media as a marketing tool, it is recommended to take professional help to form your marketing strategies as they can suggest relevant platforms for your business, help to optimize, and manage them.
To begin with, we have a few social media marketing strategies which you can implement for your business:
- Create diverse and informative content to cover the maximum audience.
- Incorporate video content, infographics, image slider on Instagram, and pinboard on Pinterest.
- Invest in paid promotion on social media platforms.
- Keep a regular check on analytics.
- Follow the trend and use viral content to promote your business.
- Stay consistent with posting and interacting with your audience and engage them in conversation through your posts, live sessions, and group chats.
- Since 91% of the users access social media platforms through their mobile phones, which is a huge audience, you need to optimize the size of images and videos accordingly, as larger files take more time to load on small screens. Due to a smaller attention span, people may skip your post. So, to avoid such circumstances, use compressed files without hampering the quality of the content.
Thus, social media for business can be one of the most influential marketing tools for a business. All you need is professional help and your creativity to utilize it to the maximum strength.
Scorpion offers top-notch technology and marketing services to local businesses that want to grow and accelerate their sales. Scorpion has a team specialized in various marketing areas such as SEO, Reviews, Advertising, Email Marketing, Chat and Messaging, social media, Websites, Lead Management, Appointment Scheduling, and more.